How To Change Whatsapp Phone Number?: WhatsApp is the world’s most popular messaging application with over 2 billion users. But everyone needs a mobile number for a WhatsApp account without which it cannot be used.
However, if a user wants to change their number, how can the contact and chat data be kept safe?
Most people are not aware but WhatsApp recently introduced a feature that allows users to change mobile numbers without losing chats, contacts or other data.
This feature is available in both Android and iOS versions, just a few things to keep in mind.
- First of all, open WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- Then open the Jar Settings menu on the profile.
- Go to the Accounts option there and click on the change number there.
- After doing so, click on Next and enter the new mobile number along with your old one.
- The new number will be confirmed by WhatsApp and then the old number will be replaced.
- Contacts and groups will also be notified by WhatsApp when your phone number changes.
- This feature will keep chats, media files and all other data intact and will not be deleted.
- The good news is that it only takes a few minutes to change the WhatsApp phone number.