How To Secure Facebook Account? | Is Your Facebook Account Hacked?: As social media became a part of daily life, almost every activity of daily life began to adorn its timelines. Some people have limited it to social networking, while others have linked it to professional life.
Against this backdrop, the protection of personal accounts on social media platforms, especially Facebook, has become increasingly difficult due to new hacking techniques.
Now it is the turn of the Facebook account to be hacked and the real user does not know what threat he is or is going to be.
Below is a very simple way to share with you that you can not only keep your account safe but also get a sense of whether it is safe or hacked.
To keep your account safe from hacking, it’s best to check your Facebook account every now and then.
The following methods can be used for this purpose.
- Click on the inline triangle (dropdown) on the right side of the Facebook profile page header
- Click Settings and Privacy when the drop-down menu opens.
- Here you will see the setting option along with many other options.
- Clicking on it will take you to the General Account Settings page.
- Go to the ‘Security & Login’ option from the tabs below the Facebook logo on the left side.
- This will indicate the devices and locations to which you have logged in to your Facebook account.
- If this option shows a device or place that is unfamiliar to you, understand that your account is not secure but has been hacked.
How to Secure a Facebook account?
Immediately change your password when you see a login from a strange device or location. Before doing so, log out of all the devices on which the account is logged.
- Make sure your new password is not just a simple word, it’s better to keep it secure.
- As soon as you change the password, write it down somewhere so that you can be safe from forgetting.
- If you haven’t yet, turn on the two-factor authentication feature on your accounts right away.
- It is best to do this last activity with your phone.
- Also, take extra security measures
- After the option to change the password, select the ‘Setup X-ray Security’ feature and turn on the alert to detect any ‘unauthorized login’.
At this point, there is an additional option in which you are asked to select three to five friends so that if you are never able to access the account then you can restore your access through these contacts.